Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Just throw it in the Bag, Man.


Just throw it in the Bag, Man.
by Julian Mack

I've always been on the fence about a man carrying a bag.  The angst wasn't because of those who used them, but because of the haters against them.  As I became a professional in NYC it became a necessity that I carry a bag.  Having something to throw your things in is simply practical for a professional man-I don't know what I who do without it.  In retrospect, as a college student I carried a bag as well unfortunately,  it looked like the one my six year-old niece carries. A man has to do what a man has to do.  The annoying part though is having a bag and being invited to happy hour-What a doozy. Like all Nomads and Movers-and-Shakers, when I leave home-base I need a place to put my travel and work goods which include, a couple of resumes, writing samples, writing utensils, my laptop, phone charger, business cards, change of shoes (rarely), bottle of water, gloves, back-up accessories, a snack... ( I just leaned over to look in my briefcase. Ha!)

The question then is, what type of bag can a man carry that is practical- -for use and ego?

Below are options to solve your man-bag sartorial conundrums...













Fashion Credits:

Terret Weekender, Bally ($550). bally.com.Leather-Trimmed canvas holdall bag, Belstaff ($625). mrporter.com. Brown double Gusset classic briefcase, Brooks Brothers ($848). brooks brothers.com. Blue check Swiss brief, Jack Spade ($425). parkandbond.com.


Photobucket
Caramel Briefcase, Salvatore Ferragamo. Editor's own.


1/2 of twin Designers, Dee and Ricky, Dee pictured here with a NY Yankees duffel, that he designed from an authentic Yankees Starter jacket.





No comments:

Post a Comment