Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

You Got What I Need: West 147

You Got What I Need.
Hip-Hop legend Biz Markie Djing at the West 147 Boutique and about the shop.

Biz Markie, DJing at the West 147 Boutique in Upper East Side NYC.
photo: Allan C.


I was singing "OOOOOOOHH Baby You... You Got what I neeeeed," when I ran into the West 147 Boutique at 147 West 72nd Street in NYC and it wasn't just because Hip-Hop legend Biz Markie was on the 1s and 2s.  Biz Markie, the "Just a Friend" rapper, brought a nostalgic hip-hop spirit to shop that reminded me of my teenage years when I thought I was too cool.  West 147 was packed with fans but I was more intrigued with the vintage aesthetic to both the shop and the pieces inside.  It was more than fitting that Biz Markie be there, as he is truly an ambassador to the 1990s-early 2000s hip-hop era, (he started in the 80s) and that era is what the shop is all about.  Jordan, Nike, North Face, The Hundreds, Crooks and Castle, WeSC, etc. are among the repertoire of urban designers at the shop.  West 147 is a definite go for all your street and/or weekend -wear looks and several pieces can easily be incorporated into a casual-work look.  You can also find one-of-a-kind pieces and limited-edition product releases at the shop.



Shop Location and Releases below...
You can skip the next Jordan release frenzy as West 147 will be carrying the release, minus the debauchery of it all.  **Whispers** As their site denotes, the second color-way Jordan Son of Mars in purple, black and white will release this Saturday.



West 147, 147 W 72nd St., NYC. 212-787-8595. www.westnyc.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment